Sunday, November 11, 2007

Daily Bible Reading Update

I was doing so good with my Daily Bible Reading plan.

The best that I have ever done.

I don't know what happened. I don't know why I stopped. It happened so quickly. I tried to catch up, but I seemed to get farther and farther behind.

I gave up.

I've been thinking more about my time in God's Word than the time I actually spend. With our new earlier to bedtime routine in full swing, I'm getting up earlier and I hear my Father calling me. I haven't been opening the Word because I didn't know where to go and because I felt so discouraged by my failure at the reading plan.

I was talking to Surferman tonight. He encouraged me to keep going. So what if I won't finish on December 31st. It may not be until March or whenever, but I will be better off for having read His Word. There is no time schedule. Just my desire to have regular time learning, knowing and reading my Father's heart.

God... I'll see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment