Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ask Mr. Bear

I remember this book from when I was a kid. One of the fun things about doing BFIAR with Grom has been all the memories it stirs in me.

We did some of the activities from the curriculum and I found these things on the internet.

Printout for lapbook - I couldn't get Grom interested in coloring these cutouts until this week. If something comes of them, I'll post a picture later.

Fun lapbook example

Books and Music a Magical Mix - active activities (didn't get to these)

Bear Hug Puppet

Animal Scoop - Bears
Bear Den Next time, I'll do more with studying bears.

Here's a couple of pictures from our row.






Grom loved counting and sorting gummy bears. I had my first experience with Grom "stealing" food. I had our school stuff out on the table and was doing something quick in the kitchen. I glanced over and he was sneaking some bears.

We made cards that had the elements of the story. The games were to sequence the cards and also to match the animals with the gifts they offered. Grom has a sense of humor and lately he's been saying wrong things just to be funny. Stuff like... "We get milk from chickens, right Mommy?" Hard to judge what he learned with the cards, but I got a good laugh out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment