Friday, February 06, 2009

"...whatever ye do,

do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31b

In the summer of 1993 I bought a guitar. I had a year to wait before going to nursing school and I decided that learning to play the guitar would be a fun way to pass the time. I spared no expense and bought a nice Epiphone acoustic. It was beautiful. I signed up for a guitar class at the local community college. I had learned how to play "What do you do with a drunken sailor" and then my musical career came to an abrupt end.

I met Surferman. I was looking to link to that story, but I haven't shared it yet. Maybe it'll come up soon. If you haven't heard i yet, it's a good story.

Spending time with Surferman was a great way to pass the time while waiting to start nursing school. My beautiful guitar got tucked into the closet, until...

It suddenly became Surferman's guitar. I wasn't smart enough to give it to him as a gift. It just somehow happened.

Surferman has fun playing around the guitar. Simple tunes, simple rhythyms... simple pleasure. It glorifies God.

Read more about the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge, and check out Kelli's blog, "Embracing the JOurYney.." as she leads us through it.

Just two rules:
You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment