Monday, February 09, 2009

Grom and Grandma's Zoo

Here's a project my mom and Grom worked on this weekend.

I'm proud to announce the Grand Opening of Grom and Grandma's Zoo.

They started with a box, an animal book from a garage sale,
some gluesticks, some markers
and then I made them some labels with our label machine.
They cut the pictures of animals out of the book
and organized them so that the animals each had there own space.
Grom drew in blue marker paths and "enclosures"
(Grom was insistent that they aren't fences. Where does he get this stuff?)
around the animals. They put label signs on each of the exhibits.
Here's the chimpanzees. I'm very fond of monkeys. Grom is my monkey boy.
The hippopotami and bears live on the lake.

There is even a snack parlor and restaurant.
It only serves junk food... yogurt, raisins, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and french fries.
I love Grom's definition of junk food.

Don't be afraid to cut up a book.

1 comment: