Thursday, February 05, 2009

"Let no corrupt communication...

proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it might impart grace to the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

Five days into the Husband Encouragement Challenge, I continue to follow the rules.
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.
* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your
husband...and to someone else, about your husband!

I haven't told Surferman about this challenge, so he's not monitoring my words. Should I?

I have noticed that even though my mouth doesn't speak... my brain sometimes thinks. I catch myself with a complaining, comparing and even contemptuous heart. This challenge isn't about words alone. I need to work on my heart.
The good man brings good things
out of the good stored up in his heart,
and the evil man brings evil things
out of the evil stored up in his heart.
For out of the overflow of his heart
his mouth speaks.

Luke 6:45 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment