Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Husband Rocks

My Husband Rocks for Friday February 13, 2009

Again this week, Katy Lin has posted some articles and blogging prompts to remind me why My Husband Rocks.

1. Tell the story of your first Valentine's Day together.

Surferman made me dinner. My parents gave him a couple of fillets. I remember cut up green apples, baked potatoes and a Little Debbie treat. I went to his place - a really beat up trailer where he lived with a pothead roomate and a couple of stinky dogs. He lived in Galaxy Trailer Park. We used to joke that he lived right around the corner, just up Uranus. (Say it aloud, it's funny.) He cleaned before I arrived, even swept off the couch. I knew it was love.

2. In reference to the first article, which "secrets" do you do well, which could you work on, which do you struggle with?

I'm working on all of them. It's a great list. You really should go and read them. Your spouse will appreciate it.

My favorite was "The grass is greenest where you water it." Amen. I'm watering the lawn.

3. If you decide to take the advice of the second article, tell us what you're going to do, or share pictures if you have time!

I want to redo our bedroom. Surferman indulged me and let me paint our bedroom orange a few years ago. I should be thrilled, but I picked the wrong color. Instead of the warm joyful orange that I wanted... I sleep in the middle of a gallon of orange sherbert. It's just a little too cluttered. It's not a sanctuary. It's not a love nest.

I hope to change that this year. A warmer color. Less Clutter. Some candles. Music. New linens.

My husband rocks!

1 comment: