1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
When I was in college, I did a "Turkey Shoot". I shot a rifle. No turkeys were harmed. In fact, if I had hit anything it would've been paper. I've also shot a bow and arrow when I was a camper as a kid.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
I know where my best friend from elementary school is. I haven't talked to her in years. Our parents are still friends and we keep up through them. I know where my best friend from jr high and high school is. She and I talk occasionally. I don't know where any of my friends from college are. I am really bad at staying connected.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Some would say I'm always late. I don't want to be late. I don't give myself enough time for the unexpected and a dawdling 5 year old boy.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Dude, I hope I'm a California type. Although I'm not sure what that means. I'd rather wear flip flops than pumps. I'd rather be hot than cold. What else...?
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
When Surferman calls, my phone plays "our song", Mission of My Soul by Peter Himmelman.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
I don't eat chips. But paint chips are really fun to have around... all those pretty colors. I'd really like to figure out how to make art with them.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is...
Wow! That's hard... Princess Bride?
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I trimmed my bangs once. Did you get the "once" part?
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
If I had to do it now, I'd choose my house. If they'd wait until after I'm at goal weight, I'd pick my person. I'm sure I'm going to need some tucking and lifting.
10. Are you allergic to anything?
Eggplant sometimes makes my throat itch. Isn't that a bummer? I'm going to keep eating it until it consistently causes me trouble.
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Because it's easier to stay the same. Change is new. Change is different. Like I said it's easier to stay the same... but not as pleasing to the Lord. He wants to refine us. He wants us to grow and be fruitful.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
Oh, come on. I thought these were fluffy random questions. This one is rather deep.
To love you have to soften your heart, open it up and let someone else have access to your secrets, to your fears, to all those things that make you... you. It's hard, but it's also the stuff of love. "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NKJV
Linda host a Random Dozen every week. Join us.