Friday, February 26, 2010
Friday Fave Five
1. Happy Birthday Eli! Grom's friend buddy turns 5 tomorrow. His parents threw a marvelous party for him and his little brother last Saturday. Yummy lunch, beautiful cupcakes AND a bounce house. It was a great time.
Eli is great kid. He's funny and bright. He's the brother Grom doesn't have. We nabbed him from his house today and brought him home to play. They (usually... they are boys after all) get on great and have so much fun playing each others games. Grom wants to be a robot or a hero. Eli usually wants to be an animal. Today on the way home, they were talking about how great it would be if they were attached to each other. Of course I asked questions. They both thought the best place to be joined was the feet. They also agreed that they'd have to move back and forth between houses. I am so glad they are best buddies.
2. Dream Dinners! I did a session last night. It's great to have the freezer stocked with easy food for my family. Surferman and Grom have enjoyed most of the meals. It's a lot easier for me to get dinner on the table and avoid temptation. My guys get to look forward to all kinds of yummy things.
3. Sick Kid. This one is going to sound a little strange. Grom caught something towards the end of last week that became a nasty barky cough, phlegm globbers and a fever this week. He missed school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. He was droopy, but not crabby.
It was sweet to have extra time with him because he wasn't at school and because he was quarantined in the house. We read lots of books, cuddled more than usual and just plain had some nice time together. Chores waited.
4. A great trip to the Dentist. The news was terrible. I'm too embarrassed to tell you the results. If I could some it up... Flossing IS really important. Anyway... back to the great part. Grom's first trip to the dentist was a disaster. The kid wouldn't open his mouth for anything. It was frustrating and discouraging. Then I mislaid our dental card. I finally made him an appointment and I think we've found the best Pediatric Dentist ever. They were all so patient and did a great job of explaining and educating. Grom even got cool shades to protect against that evil light they shine in your eyes (well mouth, but you know...) And if you look at the picture, you'll see a WIDE OPEN mouth.
5. Rain. We are still getting rain. This winter has been nice and wet. I don't know how we are doing for totals, but it sure seems like more than last year. We've had some great weather patterns where it rains for a day and then clears up. We even had a 7oF day earlier this week where I was able to pull out a pair of capri pants that I hadn't been able to wear. I can hear the gentle rain falling on the roof right now.
If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain it would be eeeee. I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide. aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa aaa
These are a few of my favorite things for the week. Join the fun at Living to tell the Story as she hosts Friday Fave Five every week.
Rain photo by spratmackrel