Tuesday, February 26, 2008

From Frumpy to Fabulous - Day 15

Adding Coziness and Tranquility to Home Life

I used to attend a Home Group at this wonderful woman's home.  Her house exudes warmth, love, and peace.  You just feel and know that Jesus lives there with them.

I hope that people feel and know that Jesus lives at my home too.  My home is just messier and more cluttered than hers.  Mine is cluttered with more than stuff - some of my clutter is people.  She and her husband are empty nesters.

I have a 3 1/2 year old with indulgent grandparents and that means lots of toys.

I know there are things I can do to make my home more inviting, cozy and comfortable.  I especially want these things for Surferman.  I want him to be happy to be home.  I want him to long for his castle.  I want to provide him a peaceful refuge from the things of this world.

Please pray for me - for my attitude.  Often by the time Surferman gets home I am wanting to be rescued; to be taken away from it all.  I want to have dinner ready, the table set, Grom showered and ready for bed, the house picked up.  Lord, help me, please.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog! It sounds like you have a wonderful home!
    Cayce

    ReplyDelete