Friday, March 07, 2008

Asking for prayer

Please keep my 90 year old grandma who lives with us- Gigi - and my immediate and extended family in your prayers.  She is dying.

Gigi has congestive heart failure and other problems. She isn't responding to the medication as expected. She has been getting weaker and weaker. Hospice has been called. We expect them Sunday at the earliest.  This is very frustrating for me.

She knows the Lord, but not all of her kids and grandkids do. Family is starting to gather - we expect a bunch to arrive tomorrow - to say their good byes.

Please pray that our unsaved family would feel the peace that surpasses all understanding in our home as we trust Him knowing that Gigi is going home to her Lord and Savior. Let those of us who know Jesus be bright lights to those surrounded by darkness. 

I don't even know how to ask you to pray for Grom. This is a lot for a 3 year old.  A dear friend's grandmother passed away about 6 months ago.  My friend has been watching Grom once a week since he was born so he knew Grandma Opal quite well.  I reminded him of her death and told him I thought Gigi might die soon. His response was, "I'm going to miss her". 

Earlier I tried to use one of his straw cups for Gigi and he threw a fit not wanting to share. We bought her her own cup. A bit after our conversation about her dying. He came up to me and asked if he could have Gigi's new cup. 

He's being sweet and patient with me as I care for Gigi.   He comes in and says hello when she's awake.  He has also become the official hand lotioner.  

Prayerfully, she'll be in the loving arms of Jesus soon.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Robin, I'm so sorry. Even when we know our loved ones are on their way somewhere glorious, it's still sad for those left behind.

    I think you are handling things just right with your son, pretending it's not happening wouldn't make it any easier. This part made me cry: He has also become the official hand lotioner.

    What a little sweetie. I hope that as he grows, he remembers these precious moments.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete