Sunday, February 24, 2008

From Frumpy to Fabulous - Day 13

Hands

Until I was about 35, I indulged the terrible habit of nail biting.  My nails were always bit to the quick.  U G L Y!

When I was pregnant with Grom something changed.  I guess it was the hormones or whatever, but my nails started growing and I stopped biting them.  

So now I have these nails on the ends of my fingers and I generally don't know what to do with them.  They grow and I chop them off.

I've splurged for a manicure a few times.  The polish never lasts and everytime I look at my hands I get startled and wonder how I got someone elses hands.

I read Emma's recommendation of Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer, tried it and love it.  I don't have to be precise in it's application and it makes my nails look nicer.  Perfect.

I also like using Satin Hands from Mary Kay.  It makes my hands feel so soft.

Daily, Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion, keeps my hands hydrated.  I'm not real good at lotioning though.  I just heard that it contains petroleum products which are supposed to be really bad for us.  Hmmm... 

My biggest hand problem is that I continue to gnaw on my cuticles.  Maybe if I take better care of my hands I won't get hang nails and rough cuticles and I can stop that habit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment