nope. I'm not good at waiting for things I want. I want them now.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Usually it's chocolate, but lately it's been bread. I've resisted though.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
I used to joke that God gave me the gift of patience. I persevere. Maybe an 8?
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
Who hasn't? What's important is how I deal with the disappointment.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Whenever possible as long it's not to the detriment of whatever the shortcut would involve.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
The 10 item or less lane when the person in front of me has 10 items or more.
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
Nope. No way. Why would we wait?
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Way more patient with the elderly.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
When my sister and I were younger (maybe jr high), we decided together that we'd open one of our Christmas presents. We chose one from family friends. We carefully opened our gifts so we could rewrap them and found these strange wallet-purse things that neither of us would've wanted in a million years. It was very disappointing. We carefully rewrapped them and did our best to be surprised and gracious when we opened them on Christmas morning.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
I waited 29 years to get married and 37 years to have a baby. Both were hard waits.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
No doubt about it... me. Surferman is very impulsive and impatient.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I don't think I know the Rebecca St. James song. I'd have to go with Mr. Petty. Anticipation always makes me think of ketchup. Richard Marx always makes me think of 80's mullets. Tom Petty brings back fond memories from college.