Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Fave Five

Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

Here is how Susanne describes it...
It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
1. QBs - gathering with my group of quilting friends for our monthly meeting... getting to see some quilts we made back when we made quilts... being able to help friends who aren't so good with their computers and things digital.

2. Dark Tort, another Goldy Baer mystery- One of my guilty pleasures is listening to mystery books. I don't like reading them. Barbara Rosenblatt has read all of the Diane Mott Davidson's caterer crime-solver series. She does a great job with the voices and the characters are like old friends. I listen to them when I'm alone in my car. If you ever see me sitting in my car and can't figure out why I'm not getting out, it's probably because I'm at a good part.

3. Water War Wednesday - It's a silly competition I participate in with some of the gals at the Medifast community boards. I drink water like crazy all day and report back to them how much. Last Wednesday, I was the winner. I drank over 200 ounces - if you don't want to do the math that's 25 cups! I had to get up twice during the night. I usually don't have to get up at all.

4. Laundry - or actually the lack of laundry. Surferman has been doing the laundry. WOO HOO! for Surferman. He's not so good at matching socks (I don't think I've every blogged about how much I hate wearing socks that don't match) and everything ends up on a hanger, but I'd rather fix the laundry than do the laundry any day.

5. Tobi - My good friend Tobi is heeding the call of the Lord and moving to Greenwich, London to help with a church plant. I have the privilege of being a part of her Care Team. I met tonight with a lovely group of ladies who love the Lord (and Tobi). We talked about her move and how we can support and help her. I helped her design her info card this week. It was a really cool experience. As I was working, everything just came together so easily. The font we chose was even called London. God is so good. Pray for Tobi. She plans to leave in April and has some details and loose ends to attend to.

What were your favorite things this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment