Monday, December 07, 2009

Daybook December 7, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday December 7, 2009

Outside my window... it's dark and very cold. Too cold for California. My computer tells me it's 41F. brrr.

I am thinking... that people in colder climates are probably laughing and thinking me a giant wuss for thinking that 41F is freezing.

I am hearing... the quiet woosh of the heater.

I am thankful for... so many things. Did you see that last post?

I am wearing... jeans, brown long sleeved tee, brown beanie (Grom let me borrow it) and my new sneakers.

I am remembering... that I have forgotten to get out our Jesse Tree and the Advent Calendar my Aunt gave Grom. Better get both of those going quick!

I am going... to go get a cup of tea. Maybe it will take the chill off.

I am reading... I am just about done with "The Memory Keepers Daughter". I can't wait. I'm looking forward to the next Jennifer Chiaverini book.

I am hoping... Surferman and I love the luggage we bought. And that we take lots of trips with it.

On my mind... Christmas. Christmas cards. Christmas presents. Christmas music. Christmas.

From the learning rooms... It's "L" week at school. I'm sure it will be lovely and loaded with laughs. We have a bunch of books about Christmas that we are reading together.

Noticing that... I need a manicure. I bite my cuticles and with this dry winter weather, my hands are rough.

Pondering these words...
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-34 NKJV
I get an email with a Bible verse everyday. This was the verse today.

From the kitchen... homemade Turkey soup from the bird I roasted when we got home from Thanksgiving. Ripe bananas in the fruit bowl will be transformed into banana bread. Anyone have a great (and easy) recipe? I don't want to sift.

Around the house... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Our tree is up. The stockings are hung. We just need to get the Christmas music going.

One of my favorite things... shopping at Trader Joe's. I can get most everything I want/need and it's affordable. I love their rBST free dairy products.

A picture to share...We've had some beautiful sunsets lately. I took this one from church.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment