Thursday, April 05, 2007

96 Days and 7 Books - Bible Reading Plan Update

I started a daily Bible Reading plan with the new year and I'm happy to report that I'm still at it.

96 days in a row I have been in the Word of God. Somedays I'm not able to finish the assigned reading, but at this moment I'm caught up. To date, I have finished 7 books of the Bible. I hope this doesn't sound prideful or bragging. I'm astonished by my follow through and know it is all God.
  • Romans
  • Genesis
  • Joshua
  • Judges
  • Ruth
  • Matthew
  • Isaiah
I usually use a New King James Bible, but decided to try a New Living Translation for my goal of reading the Bible in a year. The New Living Translation is softer and easier to read - especially early in the morning or late at night. There have been a few times when I have needed to go to the NKJV to see if the Bible really says that. Some of the New Living Translation is a little loose.

I've enjoyed the discipline in this venture. I've always heard that it's 21 days to form a habit. Well, I can honestly say that there is some truth it. With 96 days under my belt, I can say I don't think I'll miss a day again.

There are some days that I just power through the reading - especially Fridays when I read Prophecy. It's often 6 heavy and long chapters. I can't say that I've retained much of it, but it has given me a desire to go deeper into the book of Isaiah. That has to be worth something.

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Psalm 119:33-35

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    I love the New Living Translation. Yes, it is a little loose, but it just flows for me. I went back to it this year after trying ESV for two years. I missed it.

    I love your craft room to be. So much potential. Good luck cleaning it up.

    Potty training is still the pits. We'll make it through. I have faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah is one of my favorites books in the bible, but i will say that the 2nd half is easier to read than the 1st. The first 30 chapters or so are judgements and warnings and after that all the amazing promises shine through. Lots to meditate on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo proud of you Robin, that is awesome! I can not say the same for myself however :0(..I am dissapointed in my extreme lack of discipline. I am trying to get back into my reading plan but don't see that I can catch up so i am just going to read as much as I can as often. It was encouraging to read your post on your accomplisment.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete