Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy May Day! Consider yourself ding dong ditched.

When I was a child, we lived on a very quiet cul-de-sac. Every May 1st we would clip flowers from Mom's garden, make extensively decorated paper cones with ribbon handles. My sister and I would then sneakily travel to each of the neighbors homes to ding dong ditch them and leave our sweet bouquets behind. I've looked into the origins of May Day. Unfortunately, it's origins are not Biblical. Words like pagan jump out at me.

Here's my problem... Jesus tells us to love our neighbors. Luke 10:27 is just one of many places. We also know that God loves a cheerful giver. And those are things I want Grom to know.

So here's a May Day bouquet for you. Consider yourself ding dong ditched. Pass it along if you'd like.

I'll post some pictures of the bouquets Grom and I take to our neighbors tomorrow.

photo credit

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! Thanks for that! I miss doing that to my grandma. :-)

    ReplyDelete