Friday, April 27, 2007

Frugal Fridays - Make Your Own Mixes

One of the best frugal tips is to cook meals at home. Eating out can be a real budget buster. When cooking at home, cooking from scratch, avoiding processed packaged foods is an additional way to pinch those pennies.

My Frugal Friday post this week is about making your own mixes. A well stocked spice cupboard can supply the ingredients needed for most of these seasoning mixes.

Taco Season Mix - Use this versatile blend for all kinds of tacos, in refried beans, for soup and any recipe that calls for a packet of Taco Seasoning.

Onion Soup Mix - Great for meatloaf, beef stew, you name it.

If I don't have a recipe I just Google - "make your own whatever mix" and a few choices usually pop up. It's Frugal.

1 comment:

  1. Great tip! When I run out of store-bought taco seasoning, I think I'll try the mix you posted. I keep all those ingredients on hand at all times anyway, so it makes sense to mix them up instead of paying a lot for a pre-made mix.

    ReplyDelete