Sunday, April 01, 2007

What's for dinner - Week of April 2nd


Food and meals around here were a disaster last week. I had no plan. I ran to the grocery store for most every meal. It was absurd and definitely not frugal. While it may appear that I've been stalking Organizing Junkie lately... she encourages in a couple of areas where I need encouragement right now.

April is another pantry challenge for me through Frugal Families. I'm trying to keep grocery spending to $250 this month. I have a well stocked pantry and freezer.

Here's what is in store for this week.

Monday - Ground Beef or Turkey Tacos - Refried Beans - Mexican Rice

Tuesday - Lazy Mom Lasagna - Green Salad - Sourdough Bread and Butter

Wednesday - No Cooking! Passover Celebration at church.

Thursday - Maple Salmon - Rice - Zucchini

Friday - Steak and a Movie Night - Steak, Baked Potato and Salad

Saturday - Surferman's Pizza - Salad

Sunday - Honey Baked Ham - Aunt Theo's Potatoes - Artichokes - Asparagus - Spinach Salad - Applesauce - Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Whip Cream.

5 comments:

  1. It all looks so good!

    Happy Easter!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Sunday meals are making me hungry! Honey baked ham, artichokes & asparagus! triple yum. I had those potatoes years ago and had lost the recipe so thanks.
    Your menu looks great!
    Easter Blessings~
    ♥ Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lazy mom lasagna is for me! quick & easy that's what i'm always looking for!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, your Sunday meal sounds wonderful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy...your menu looks delicious!! Good luck with your 250 grocery budget. I need to cut mine down too.

    Hey where are you in your bible reading? I have fallen way behind! So sad to say...I am so dissappointed. I am going to jump back into it again and am excited.

    ReplyDelete