Thursday, April 19, 2007

Frugal Fridays - Freezing Cheese

Cheese, warm and gooey. Most everything is better with cheese.

Here's how I do cheese frugally.

I buy the huge bags of shredded cheese from Costco or Smart and Final. I package the cheese in portions. Most recipes call for 2 cups so to save a little more and to cut calories, I pack about 1 1/2 per zipper bag.

The portioned bags go into a larger zipper bag. After I use the cheese, I put the empty zipper bag back into the freezer to be used again.

Watch for one of our favorite cheese recipes - Macaroni and Cheese. I'll post it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am always wondering how I could get it to go further as I ONLY buy the big bags because Hubby says its a better buy. I have tons of Ziploc bags since I get them at Costco so I am going to start doing that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat idea! I'll have to try it sometime. I don't go to Sams or Costcos, but I am thinking about it. If I ever join, I'll keep this tip in mind.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete