Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Daybook May 18, 2010


FOR TODAY - Tuesday May 18, 2010

Outside my window... Dark. The weather today was weird. Cold, rainy, sunny, overcast, warm. T-Ball was cancelled when it was raining and it was sunny at game time.

I am thinking... about the lesson I'm teaching at Kids Club tomorrow night. At this point I am unprepared.

I am thankful for... the women who attend my church. They are beautiful in every way.

From the learning rooms... lower case letters and writing sentences. The perfectionist in Grom doesn't like sounding out words. He expects to just be able to spell.

From the kitchen... I can't believe how fast we go through peanut butter. Well... I can believe it. Grom has taken to eating it off the spoon. Who needs bread and jam?

I am wearing... you don't want to know.

I am creating... decorating plans. I'm still making lots of decisions. We had to pick out carpet AGAIN today. It didn't get ordered when I thought it did. It is supposed to be installed early next week, so we had to go back and find something that "in stock". Fortunately we found something I like. The shower tiles went in today and they look fab.

I am going... to the gym in the morning.

I am reading... Still working on Crazy Love by Francis Chan and The Shack by what's his name. They are on that list of books to read on my 101 list. And I just got Linchpin by Seth Godin from the library. Linchpin is a brand new book, so I've got to get that one read in the next 3 weeks.

I am hoping... the Chiropractor can help my neck tomorrow. The left side of my neck is really tight and I think it's causing my recent headaches. I've been taking Aleve once in while which is not normal for me.

I am hearing... TV. I'm watching a guilty pleasure that I won't tell you about because I don't want you to think I endorse it.

Around the house... I've been getting rid of clothes like crazy. The clothes can actually slide on the closet rod. It's great that they aren't so packed in.

One of my favorite things... Sparkling Lime Water. It's so refreshing and bubbly.

Vocabulary word of the week:
precatory (adj.): expressing a request; nonbinding: only expressing a wish or giving a suggestion.
synonyms: beseeching (vs. imperative), pleading, imploring
used in a sentence: In times of trial, we offer precatory prayers to God.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Surferman and I are making an up and back trip to the Bay Area for an Ikea shopping spree. We need to buy our closet organizers and maybe a bed.

Here are some pictures I am sharing...
I love silhouettes. These are from gymnastics.
Grom is center with his arms flailing.


How you can be praying for me and mine... communication, discipline and patience.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment