Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daybook May 11, 2010


FOR TODAY - Tuesday May 11, 2010

Outside my window... I can't see outside. The blinds are down. Today was a beautiful day - as long as I was inside. Outside it was a bit windy and chilly.

I am thinking... about what else I need to do tonight.

I am thankful for... floss picks. If they didn't exist I would never floss.

From the learning rooms... Grom and I have been talking about summer plans. He wants to do some school. He wants to learn about trees. I think we'll read a lot of books, do some experiments and work on the 3Rs.

From the kitchen... lots of Dream Dinners. It's so nice to pull something from the freezer and be done thinking about dinner.

I am wearing...the light brown tee shirt that I wore all day and grey track pants - c.o.m.f.o.r.t.

I am creating... our family mission statement. The words are mostly done, now I'm working on the design and incorporating photos so I can print it for the wall. I'll share it when I'm done.

I am going... to L.A. tomorrow and I'll be back home tomorrow night. I'm taking my friend to the airport and stopping at Ikea to buy Grom a closet. I'm going to load up my iPod with podcasts and I have a book on tape to listen to. As long as I don't get sidetracked in Ikea, I shouldn't be home too late.

I am reading... I'm working on Crazy Love by Francis Chan and The Shack by what's his name. They are on that list of books to read on my 101 list.

I am hoping... our remodeling is finished before June starts.

I am hearing... TV. I'm watching a guilty pleasure that I won't tell you about because I don't want you to think I endorse it.

Around the house... We have WALLS! Our remodeling project is coming right along. I need to get those paint colors chosen quick. And light fixtures...

One of my favorite things... Grammar Girl. I love listening to her podcasts where she explains proper use of words so I can speak good English. Ever confused if it should be affect or effect? Grammar Girl will simply explain it to you and entertain at the same time.

Vocabulary word of the week:
perpend (v.): to ponder; deliberate
synonyms: chew over, cogitate, envisage, examine, excogitate, favor, see about, speculate, study, subscribe to, take into account, take under advisement, take up, think out, think over, toss around
used in a sentence: I love to perpend the grace of God.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Surferman has automotive certification tests this week. He's busy cramming. Besides my trip south... PTA meeting, T-Ball (twice), Gymnastics and my church's Woman's Conference.

Here are some pictures I am sharing...





































Backseat Buddies

How you can be praying for me and mine... pray for Surferman and those mechanic tests, my busyness that test my time management skills and Grom's testing of my patience with his misbehavior.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha...floss picks...so true, robin, so true :)

    ReplyDelete