Saturday, January 10, 2009

Flowers from Grom

We made plans to go to Farmer's Market last Thursday. When Grom learned of our plans he proudly told me that he was going to buy me flowers with his own money.

WOW!

We carefully pulled some dollars out of the bottom of one of his piggy banks and he stuffed them in the pocket of his pants. We had our usual wonderful rib dinner and then walked up the street towards the farmers. Of course we had to stop for Grom to get a cookie. We started looking at booth after booth after booth and we were unable to find flowers.

Grom was really disappointed. I reminded him that it's winter and that a lot of people have snow on the ground like The Snowy Day and that flowers don't really like cold weather. I also told him that we'd be going to Trader Joe's tomorrow and that he could get me some flowers there.

The next day at Farmer's Market. He stops at the flowers and asks me which ones I want. I choose a lovely bouquet and then he says that he wants me to have a different bouquet. So I'm standing in front of the flowers at Trader Joe's arguing with a 4 year old. You never realize how stupid it is arguing with a 4 year old until you are in the throes of it and then it's just a matter of how quickly you can stop the arguement. I told him that it was he who wanted to buy me flowers and that he should just pick out something that he thinks I would like.

Orange Tulips. Genius!

1 comment: