Monday, January 12, 2009

Daybook January 12, 2009

FOR TODAY... January 12, 2009

Outside My Window... a pretty sunset today. Not gorgeous, but pretty. Yesterday Grom called me outside to show me a sunset God had made just for me. It was beautiful orange.

I am thinking... there is laundry that needs to be tended to. ick.

I am thankful for... Aunt La. My friend Lori has been watching Grom most every Tuesday since he was 6 weeks old. He always comes home better mannered after spending time with La. She treats him as her own and shows him Jesus through her love.

From the kitchen... lots of soups. Grom and I made a delicious vegetable soup to clean out the produce drawer on Saturday. Grom has mad knife skills. And today... dinner leftovers became a yummy soup for lunch tomorrow. I love soup.

From the school room... We need to finish up "Prayer for a Child". We were derailed when Grom took a vacation with my parents. I sent along his school work. He and Grandma did some. We should be able to finish it up this week easy. We have a couple more books and we'll be finished with Before Five In A Row. I bought Five In A Row Volume 1 (with some of the books) off eBay today. Anxiously awaiting that package. Grom is also starting at a Montessori School this week. We toured the school at the end of September and they just now have an opening. If you think about praying for Grom and his mommy on Thursday, it would be appreciated.

I am wearing... black pants, black socks, black shoes and a wild and crazy floral print top.

I am creating... A QUILT! Finally! Well, at least I pulled fabric from the stash today. Tomorrow I have to get cutting.

I am going... to figure out how to get the video off our camera and onto this computer. I will not be defeated by a couple of machines!

I am reading... The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini (almost done). I'm going to read something non-fiction next. I also started a Chronological Daily Bible. I'm happy to say I'm only 1 day behind. I should get current tomorrow.

I am hoping... Grom's first day at Montessori goes well, that he makes friends and that he doesn't get crap because his mom is fat.

I am hearing... Surferman making the funniest yawning, tired noises. He shakes his head and flaps his cheeks like a cartoon character.

Around the house... We put up a new light fixture in our family room. I think the room is done. Well... maybe a few more pillows. I should share pictures. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

One of my favorite things... grapefruit. To eat, to drink, as lotion to slather on your body... so refreshing.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Grom has his last Tuesday with his Aunt La. We're going to take her out to lunch after. Grom starts at Montessori. My quilting friends come to my house.

Here is picture I am sharing...
I've been dreaming of Maui. I keep Lahaina weather on my Mac dashboard - right now it's . This is Puamana Beach Park. There was a nice surf break here. Surferman surfed, I sat in the shade reading. The waves were breaking pretty far off shore (great for surfing). When they got to the shore, some would give a great splash. I had fun trying to catch their exuberance.


Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment