Thursday, January 15, 2009

1st day of Montessori Bento Lunch

Grom started Montessori today. I've been packing Bento Box lunches for him to bring to work and to his Aunt La's for a while. Bento boxes and all the paraphernalia have become a bit of an obsession with me.

Here's the lunch I packed for him today...
Grom has a limited palate so I keep it simple. We keep him trying new things.
Today (top photo) shells and white cheddar sauce with extra parmesan and mini meatballs.
(bottom photo) carrots, blueberries and bbq sauce for dipping.

One of Grom's chores is to empty out and wash his bento stuff when we get home. Moldy forgotten bento boxes are GROSS. He ate everything today. However, on the way home he asked why he didn't have a sandwich for lunch.

I'm guessing the other kids don't get bentos.

I can make a sandwich fit in a box.

1 comment:

  1. Hope his first day was a success.
    We have been talking about Mr.O's future and I am hoping that Montessori is an option for us when we are ready to cross that bridge- I will have to chat with you about it :)
    Hi to the fam!

    ReplyDelete