Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thursday Thunks - 1/15/09


1. Whats the coldest temps you've experienced?
It was pretty cold when we travelled to North Dakota last March to bury Gigi. I don't remember the temperatures (selective amnesia?) but it was in the teens.

2. Whats for dinner tonight?
We're cleaning out the pantry and freezer. Probably some soup amongst other things.

3. Would you consider this job in Australia?
For sure. Conditions would be that Surferman and Grom would have to come with me and I'd have to be able to get a leave of absence from my employment. I'd want my job back when I return from paradise.

4. What was your favorite subject in high school?
Wow, that's tough. I liked school, but don't remember liking anything better than anything else.

5. How many hours a day is your tv on?
average 2 hr /day.

6. Have you ever received an award?
We won a 1st place trophy in our town's 4th of July Parade. The parade is a big deal. We were stoked to win. We had GIANT puppets.

7. Whats your mousepad look like?
No mousepad - Macbook.

9. How many browser tabs do you have open right now?
Five.

10. If you are a parent, have you or did you ever put Vicks VapoRub on your children under the age of 2?
I used Baby Vicks on Grom, but never under his nose. Lately we've been putting it on feet. It really helps with coughs.

11. If you had to pick one insect to infest your house for 1 day and after that day they would just suddenly vanish, which insect infestation would you pick?
Butterflies would be so pretty. But I think the question regards a pesty insect... I'd have to pick locust. Maybe they'd eat my clutter and leave me with a clean slate to start. It would also be interesting and bring Exodus to life to experience a plague of locusts.

13. What was the last think you watched on tv? The Mentalist. It was pretty bloody. It's probably coming off my list of shows I watch.

14. What are your plans for the 4th of July this year?
July? ummm... I'm trying to get through January. I'm guessing it'll have something to do with the parade mentioned before and church and lots of fun.

15. Tell us about one absolutely wonderful thing that happened to you as a teenager and every time you think of it, it brings a smile to your face.
I don't remember how old I was. I was driving. My parents let me take a summer job in Beverly Hills. It was about an hour drive on a congested rush hour freeway. I don't remember the job much, but I remember the feeling of freedom and trust that my parents gave me.

16. What product could you sell someone based on your love for it?
Organizing Bags. There are a million uses. You need these.

(I edited out a couple of questions that I didn't want to answer (TMI) or weren't relevant. Unlike the 4 year old I live with I can count quite well and I realize some numbers are missing).

Thursday Thunks (TT) is a blog meme for those who need a little kick in the butt to find something to post about. I found out about it on a blog last week and thought it might go along with my Daybook posts as another way to get a glimpse of what my life is like. Head over there and play along if you want.

3 comments:

  1. WTG for the first place award!
    Locusts is an interesting choice, hmm
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my hometown, we did a Memorial Day parade but none on the 4th. As an adult I moved back home and had about the best place in town for parade watching. It formed right in front of our house. We sat on our porch and watched everyone milling around and getting into their places. Then when they started, we'd walk the 2 blocks to downtown so we could see the whole parade. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I didn't even notice any missing numbers. I'm dense that way.

    Re: #13. Isn't it a pain the way they ruin shows you start to like. I had one show I started watching and it was very interesting at first, then one night they had subject matter involved that I can't even discuss in UN-mixed company. Won't turn that one on again...but I will raise an eyebrow the next time anyone at church recommends it.

    ReplyDelete