Monday, January 19, 2009

Daybook January 19, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday January 19, 2009

Outside My Window... darkness. It was a beautiful day... low 70s. We might have rain coming. I sure hope so.

I am thinking... I need more time to do all the things I need to do, want to do, have to do. I was laying in bed this morning thinking about a different clock. What if the clock ran for 8 hours and that we had three rotations a day instead of 12 hours for two rotations? And then I think, why do I spend time thinking such things, get yer butt out of bed...

I am thankful for... podcasts. Bible teaching, entertainment, audio books and more. Some of my listens... NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Pastor Bob Coy's Active Word, The Dave Ramsey Show, Apple Quick Tips, NPR's Story of the Day, NPR's Car Talk, and Grammar Girl. You can find them all through iTunes.

From the kitchen... A feast tonight. My parents friends Bill and Shirley (or as Grom calls her "Shurl") are visiting so we had a bonus family dinner. My sister and her husband came. Ribs and Chicken. Butternut Squash Risotto (yummers!) and even the Turnip and Turnip Greens (yep! I used 'em!) were delicious. Uh... I forgot the truffle brownies for desserts. (See Menu Plan Monday for recipes).

From the school room... a last push with Prayer for a Child. We need to put the lapbook together. And then our last BFIAR book - If Jesus Came to My House.

I am wearing... black pants, pink tee... no shoes.

I am creating... mess. I've pulled a bunch of fabric for some projects. That's as far as I've gotten. Now I have piles of fabrics cluttering up my studio.

I am going... to get my brain back in order. I haven't been using it very well and my life is sufferning because of it. I've been reading about to do lists and time management. I might try some changes to the ways I've been keeping my brain lately. Hopefully it will work.

I am reading... Shepherding Your Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp and Round Robin by Jennifer Chiaverini.

I am hoping... to get an iPhone very soon.

I am hearing... NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me podcast - a very funny way to get some current events.

Around the house... Surferman and my Dad are going to go pick up a piano tomorrow. We're cramming it in Grom's School Room. I wish there was anywhere else it could go.

One of my favorite things... sleeping with our sliding glass door opened a crack to let fresh cool air in. There's nothing better than snuggling under cozy cover in a crisp room.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Grom's 2nd day at Montesorri. Kid's Club. Family Christmas Gift Exchange (trip to Bay Area - including a trip to Ikea!)

Here is picture I am sharing...
Moon Wishes from Kindly Rhymes for Children via a great website Old Book Art

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

3 comments:

  1. I looove car talk. I discovered it the first year Josh and I were married and we lived in that Morro Bay apt and I'd drive to work in Atascadero.
    Do you listen to This American Life?
    It's soooo wonderful. I love just hearing all those interesting stories about real people.
    I'm always wishing I had some super interesting story to get me on the show;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend's dad has a thing on his eye phone that is a series of different farts- like "air biscuit" and "bombadeer." if i bought you an iphone, i would make sure it had ifart on it :)

    thats how much i love miss robin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. iFart! That's genius.

    I can hear Grom laughing from the back seat.

    ReplyDelete