Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Snowy Day

We have a new favorite book. Well... one for the list of favorite books. I think we like this one because the main character Peter reminds us of Grom's Friend Buddy Elias. Such a fun book we shared this week.

Along with "The Snowy Day" we read...
"Snow" by Manya Stojic
"Weather" bu Gallimard Jeunesse and Pascale de Bourgoing
"Snip, Snip...SNOW!" by Nancy Poydar
"The Snowman" by Raymond Briggs

We had videos of
The Snowy Day along with other stories featuring Peter by Ezra Jack Keats.
The Snowman (also website)

We looked at websites about weather and snow...
Making Digital Snowflakes
About Winter Weather
Read A Long Version of The Snowy Day

Here are some pictures of Grom's lapbook.


Living on the coast of California, we don't have many opportunities to experience snow. One of the fun things we did was to play with shaving cream snow. I filled a cookie sheet and let Grom have at it. What a mess! But what a memory!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed. None of my homeschool stuff is that good....Congrats on the lunchbox, too!

    Merry Christmas, again...I have to say that as often as I can to everyone!

    ReplyDelete