Monday, December 08, 2008

Daybook December 8, 2008

FOR TODAY... Monday December 8, 2008

Outside My Window... dark now, but we have had some beautiful sunsets lately. See below.

I am thinking... that I have no idea of what to get my father for Christmas.

I am thankful for... cheese.

From the kitchen... the best split pea soup. And I got a big ham bone out of my freezer.

I am wearing... grey button front t-shirt, black pants, and what I think of as my grey and black Birkenstock bowling shoes.

I am creating... lapbooks and projects with Grom. I want to get my machine out. Projects are piling up in my mind.

I am going... to send my Christmas card via email. Is that tacky or are we all wired enough that it's become somewhat acceptable?

I am reading... Yada Yada still. Stacey is still breathing down my neck. Laurie will be breathing down Stacey's neck. Michelle will be breathing down Laurie's neck. I'm getting all of my friends engrossed in these books.

I am hoping... I can get my Christmas shopping done this week.

I am hearing... some crazy TV show. Why don't I just turn it off? Ok... just did. Now I have Sherri Youngward's Christmas Album playing. I love that album.

Around the house... the halls are decked. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

From the schoolroom... I've mostly caught up blogging the books Grom and I have read and worked through. We are currently rowing The Snowy Day. It's been a lot of fun. The main character reminds us (physcially) of his "friend buddy" E. Can't wait to pass on the book and the great video we found. More later.

One of my favorite things... Vanilla Steamers. I heat milk and Torani French Vanilla syrup in the microwave until it's very hot. Yum!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Busy, busy and more busy. Grom is getting an award at Kid's Club at church. He's very excited and inviting everyone to come and celebrate with him. QB's (my quilting friendship group) Christmas Dinner. Night In Bethlehem event at church. A gingerbread house making party. A date night with free childcare thanks to gymnastics. And then the Melodrama. pheeew.

Here is picture I am sharing...
It was taken and shared by a man who goes to my church. Breathtaking!

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

3 comments:

  1. stunning photo. You guys live in such a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic is now the background on 'ol macbooky-- thanks robin :)

    i like the part about you being thankful for cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the sunset and the photo of Grom in bag and levitating - or hanging ten but not on a board. Grandpa B is a great help with fingerprints and footprints - making them, that is...

    Thx for sharing all - as I sip my vanilla coffee from my wonderful pod coffee maker, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete