Monday, December 15, 2008

Daybook December 15, 2008



FOR TODAY... Monday December 15, 2008

Outside My Window... It's raining, it's pouring... YAY!

I am thinking... it's a bit chilly.

I am thankful for... creative friends. And one in particular who opened her own etsy shop. Her photos are beautiful. Go check her stuff out.

From the kitchen... my beloved kefir was thrown out today as spoiled. People who do not consume dairy should not decide when fermented and cultured dairy products are spoiled.

I am wearing... ahh ha! Something different today! Jeans. White T. Black Sweater. My funky grey and black Birkenstock "bowling shoes" with white socks - because whenever possible your socks should match your shirt. I think that's the preppy 9th grader that remains in me.

I am creating... uhhhh... yeah....

I am going... to the dentist tomorrow. I have a failed filing that needs to be replaced. Failed filings are wrong. I'm still paying for that candy I ate during little league.

I am reading... The last Yada Yada Prayer Group Book. It's bittersweet. I'm glad to be done with the series so I can move onto something else. I'm also sad because I enjoyed the characters so much. Kind of like saying good bye to Mitford.

I am hoping... 2009 will be a positively wonderful year. I have lots of plans.

I am hearing... the sound of cars on the rainy highway outside. The wet sound of wheels on asphalt.

Around the house... Surferman and I are starting plans to redo our bedroom. New paint, new carpet. It's time to get rid of the orange sherbert colored walls - What was I thinking?

From the schoolroom... We just finished "A Snowy Day". We are starting "Prayer for a Child" this week. I got our schoolroom back in order today. It's wonderful to have a clear and tidy desk.

One of my favorite things... Survivor. I admit it. And I'm glad Bob won. And I wonder why I'm having trouble finding time to be creative...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: work, Mommy and Me Bible Study, Kid's Club (teaching), laundry, decluttering, sleeping, wrapping, christmas cards? - in no particular order or importance.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Grom's creation from our friends Gingerbread House Party. He's smarter this year. Any candy might be able to be eaten, so load it up.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the preppy 9th grader in you! I love doing the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete