Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Daybook December 2, 2008



FOR TODAY... Tuesday December 2, 2008

Outside My Window... It's dark. But not because I'm up too late. Instead I'm up too early. Just couldn't sleep anymore. I got up, spent some time with the Lord in Luke and now I'm blogging.

I am thinking... that I need to sit down with my calendar. I think I'm missing something. Very busy time of the year.

I am thankful for... renters. We signed a rental agreement yesterday. Please pray with me that my discernment is accurate and these will be good folks to live in our home. I'm thankful for my job at church. I really enjoy (usually- it is a job after all) what I do and work with a great group of men and women who when all is said and done, just want to be more like Jesus.

From the kitchen... "healthy food". We are (again) trying to eat better. Last night I made a fantastic pasta with "green sauce". The secret ingredient is KALE! Tonight it's Honey Baked Lentils. For recipes see my Menu Plan Monday post from this week.

From the school room... We are finishing up "Play With Me" and will be starting "The Snowy Day". I'm really behind on blogging our home preschool adventures. There never seems to be enough time to do everything I want to do when we are "rowing" a book.

I am wearing...yikes! I'm still in nightclothes and probably look like someone who raided the thrift store... short nightgown over capri length lounge pants with orange felted slippers (Thanks Mom!) all covered with a sweater that is too stained to wear in public, but very warm and comfy none the less.

I am creating...no time. I have some sewing projects I want to bust out. Some things for me. Some gifts. Maybe next week I'll have some pictures.... maybe...

I am going... to Weight Watchers tomorrow morning whether I want to or not. I started about a month ago. It's been a challenge. I had a week where I followed the program and gained weight. That is NOT fair and very discouraging. I've been looking for a morning class that can fit my schedule. 7:15 am seems to be the best choice.

I am reading... Yada Yada Prayer Group #5. My friend Stacey is breathing down my neck for her next book, so I'm reading as fast as I can. Note to self... don't give Stacey books from a series you're reading until you're done with said series. She reads much faster than you do (and she doesn't spend as much time online).

I am hoping... this Christmastime is a sweet celebration of Jesus' birth and not a stress packed frenzy of activity and shopping.

I am hearing... sweet quiet with the occasional blaring of Surferman's alarm clock which sounds like the garbage truck backing up into our bedroom.

Around the house... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Home Depot had a Black Friday door buster of 6" poinsettias for $1 each. We have lots. And for the record... I wasn't at Home Depot in the dark. I was in bed. My mom was the shopping fool. At least this time...

One of my favorite things... listening to talk radio. I like to learn things when I'm driving or working in the kitchen. Podcasting has made it easier to focus what I listen to. Some favorites... The Dave Ramsey Show, NPR's Story of the Day, NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me and Bible teaching from Pastor Bob Coy and Pastor Sandy Adams.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Mommy and Me Bible Study (I'm teaching). 4WD Club Christmas Party (I'm decorating and coordinating). Women's Board Lunch. And... remember I need to sit down and check my calendar... I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
We started our Jesse Tree last night after dinner. I participated in an ornament exchange and can't wait to see all of the ornaments. Grom was so excited. I'm so glad we are doing this.

Read other Daybook's at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. uh, your friend Stacey goes to bed A LOT earlier than you, and therefore has the time to read--rather quickly--through a nice novel. If my friend Robin wouldn't have gotten me "hooked" on the mentioned series of books, I wouldn't be breathing down her neck waiting for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see Day 1 on your tree. :) I'm really enjoying doing the devotionals with the Jesse Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats wrong with someone who just raided the thrift store? :D

    someday you will robin...you'll just bust out all thrift store...you know its coming...resistance is useless...next thing you know you'll be buying things and wearing them THE SAME DAY! mwhahahahaha!

    (ps i miss you)

    ReplyDelete