Monday, April 13, 2009

Daybook April 13, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday April 13, 2009

Outside My Window... the sun is going down. It's at that pesky place where I have to lower the shade or be blinded. Our weather has been beautiful. My only possible complaint is that it's been a bit windy.

I am thinking... that I need a shot of motivation. I have so much I want / need to do that it's hard to get moving. I know that you have to eat an elephant one bite at a time.

I am thankful for... lives saved and rededicated to the Lord over the weekend at our E-Week events. And for everyone who contributed to the events either with their time or their resources. And... for antibiotics that keep us from dying from things that killed people a hundred years ago.

From the kitchen... Baked Potatoes with Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli. The recipe I had planned got simplified.

From the schoolroom... fun with "Katy and the Big Snow".

I am wearing... surprise! Brown pants, white t-shirt, flip flops.

I am creating... new slippers for Grom. I'm hoping to get a good start tonight at Crafty Women.

I am going... to keep shopping from my pantry and freezer. With our weekly CSA box, it never seems to clear out.

I am reading... a Karen Kingsbury book that I just found that I borrowed from a friend forever ago. If she remembers that I have it, I'm sure she'll be glad to get it back... as soon as I'm finished.

I am hoping... my parents are having a great time in Holland. They went to see the tulips.

I am hearing... loud motorcycles on the Highway.

Around the house... lots of Easter Egg hunts and jelly bellies. My parents bought Grom the Costco sized jar of jelly bellies. We've been having fun guessing flavors and combining them for recipes. My favorite - Blueberry Muffin: 1 popcorn + 2 blueberry. Grom's favorite - Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich: 2 peanut butter + 1 grape.

One of my favorite things... my old mocassin slippers. So comfortable and they can go outside. They are starting to fall apart. I hope they'll make it to Christmas.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: The usual stuff and housesitting, decluttering, bocce?

Here is picture I am sharing...I found this in my CSA box today. I think it's a purple kohlrabi. I see is a smiling face with some cool dreds sprouting out of the top. I think it's a boy kohlrasti. I put him outside in the garden for his photo. I should probably put some reggae on in the fridge. Don't worry... I know I've lost it.Here he is on the dining room table in case you're having trouble seeing his face. Yep... really I've lost it. In my defense I haven't named him.... yet.

How you can be praying for me and mine... that Grom would get completely, totally, fully well and that allergies would leave all of us alone. We are going to be housesitting for some friends for about 3 weeks. Pray that we would be flexible and patient with each other as we live between our home and their home.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment