Sunday, April 05, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

I found this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas. I love the flavor of Buffalo Chicken Wings, but don't like wings. They are messy and fatty. A fast food place we go to sometimes offers a Buffalo Chicken Sauce for dipping chicken strips. It's great. I saw this recipe and thought I might be on to another variation.

I made it for a friends 40th birthday celebration and they were quite good. Of course I made changes. Here's my recipe...

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce

flour tortillas

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 T. dried onion
1 t. dried parsley
3/4 t. ground black pepper
1 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. onion powder
2 pinches dried thyme
1/2 t. dill weed

1 c. shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese (more if desired)
1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles (more if desired)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven 375F
  2. Toss chicken with hot sauce in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Mix soup, sour cream, herbs and spices in a bowl until smooth and incorporated.
  4. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
  5. Place tortilla in the bottom of the casserole.
  6. Spread each tortilla with about 1 T of the soup mixture and then chicken.
  7. Roll as enchilada.
  8. Repeat until pan is full and filling is used up.
  9. Spread remaining soup mixture on top of enchiladas.
  10. Cover with foil.
  11. Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot.
  12. Remove foil. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
  13. Bake 5 more minutes.
  14. Top with blue cheese crumbles before serving.
Update! I baked the second pan tonight. I watched the time better and they still came out a bit drier than I'd prefer. Next time I make them, I'm going to try adding a cup of milk to the soup/sour cream mixture before pouring it over the top. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment