I made it for a friends 40th birthday celebration and they were quite good. Of course I made changes. Here's my recipe...
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 T. dried onion
1 t. dried parsley
3/4 t. ground black pepper
1 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. onion powder
2 pinches dried thyme
1/2 t. dill weed
1 c. shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese (more if desired)
1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles (more if desired)
- Preheat oven 375F
- Toss chicken with hot sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix soup, sour cream, herbs and spices in a bowl until smooth and incorporated.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla in the bottom of the casserole.
- Spread each tortilla with about 1 T of the soup mixture and then chicken.
- Roll as enchilada.
- Repeat until pan is full and filling is used up.
- Spread remaining soup mixture on top of enchiladas.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot.
- Remove foil. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles before serving.
Update! I baked the second pan tonight. I watched the time better and they still came out a bit drier than I'd prefer. Next time I make them, I'm going to try adding a cup of milk to the soup/sour cream mixture before pouring it over the top. I'll let you know how it goes.