Sunday, June 17, 2007

What's for Dinner - Week of June 18th

Last weeks condiment challenge didn't go so well. We ate well and I stayed with my plan, I just didn't get to toss many condiment jars. Surferman thinks I should just start tossing one into the trash each time I empty the trash. That idea hurts every frugal bone in my body. I'm going to have to work on another plan.

Surferman and I are on a new plan again to eat healthfully. My menus this week will reflect those changes. I'll post recipes as I create and find them. My plan is going to look pretty simple. We'll be eating small portions of lean meat, poultry and fish with lots of veggies for lunch and dinner. Breakfast will be a fruit and whey protein smoothie. Snacks will be hard boiled eggs and raw veggies. Lots of fiber, low sodium and cranberry juice water all day long. It's our variation of Fat Flush if you're familiar with that plan.

We are both hoping to lose some weight and gain some energy.

Monday - LO Pork Ribs, Salad, LO Broccoli, Watermelon

Tuesday - Shrimp and Chinese Veggies

Wednesday- Ground Turkey, Tomato Sauce, Zucchini and Mushrooms

Thursday - Sticky Chicken and Green Beans

Friday - Steak and a Movie Night - Steak and Zucchini

Saturday - Women's Event (AM) - Chicken Vegetable Soup

Sunday - Bean and Rice Tacos (Lettuce Shells)

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful and Healthy menu! Thanks for the inspiration to get healthy and stay on plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of your meals sound uber healthy this week :) Great meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to make sticky chicken! I keep forgetting to put that on the menu!
    Have a great, healthy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We have been trying to eat more healthy as well. For us it really comes down to cutting out treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great menu, good luck on your quest to be healthy, it sounds like you're on the right track!

    Have a good week :)

    Rachel xxx
    http://jugglingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hard to throw away something that isn't "done." But condiments are not the healthiest usually. That chicken vegetable soup sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday!
    Your menu looks delicious!
    I've been posting daily diet devotionals for about a week or so and they are helping. Hopefully our week will stay on track too.
    ♥♥♥♥
    annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your menu sounds so healthy and delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stole your Steak and a Movie Night idea! My husband is very happy! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just posted my menu for the week and decided to read some other menu blogs........ and I see we both want more energy from our food! I am trying to improve my eating habits to get more energy (and losing weight would be a BIG bonus!). Good luck.........

    ReplyDelete