Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Daily Bible Reading - 1 Kings 5-9

1 Kings 5-9

My mom is a packrat. She saves everything. It could all be useful "someday". She saves the selvages off of fabric, colored plastic bags, and other things that seem ridiculous. Her stuff makes me itch and feel claustrophobic. I dread the day when she passes because I'll get to deal with all of her stuff. Her stashes of stuff, however, have come in handy time and time again. I can't tell you how many times she has come to the rescue when I've had to throw together a quick craft for Sunday School.

In my reading today I saw how valuable David's stash of materials was for Solomon. King David's gathering allowed the building of the temple to take place. King David's good relationship with Hiram didn't hurt either. Solomon was able to build a beautiful and magnificent temple for God to dwell in. It was a sight to see. It took years to build and exhausted all of the materials King David has saved.

The fact that Solomon's personal house took almost twice as long to build... hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment