Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Daily Bible Reading - Psalm 69-71

Psalm 69-71

1 Save me, O God,
for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
2 Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire;
I can’t find a foothold.
I am in deep water,
and the floods overwhelm me.
3 I am exhausted from crying for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes are swollen with weeping,
waiting for my God to help me.

Psalm 69:1-3
Sometimes problems and trials come fast and furious, one after another - after another. They don't seem to stop and I feel helpless. I cry out to God, but feel like He isn't listening. He doesn't do what I want done NOW.

This week I had the invitations to my pity party out and addressed. I'm glad they never made it in the mail. Just when I was beginning to feel really bad for myself, God would bring someone into my day who "had it worse".

It's hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are counting your blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment