Thursday, June 28, 2007

Done #81 - Go to a Blues game

It's a Beautiful Day for a Ballgame, for a ballgame, today.
The fans are out to get a ticket or two
From Walla Walla, Washington to Kalamazoo

It's a beautiful day for a home run
But even a triple's okay
We're gonna cheer and boo
And raise a hallabaloo
At the ballgame, today!
I grew up in Southern California. My dad had a share of season tickets and the best seats to see the Dodgers play. I have great memories of Steve Yeager (he was my favorite), Steve Garvey, Rick Russel, Davey Lopes and Roy Cey. I can't believe I remember the Dodger's infield lineup from back in the day. It was always great fun to go catch a game and eat a Dodger Dog.

We have a local team. I've always wondered what their games were like. So much that I put going to a game on my list of things to do. It happened when we were offered FREE tickets.

The team plays in a league that seems to be for players that are between community college and university teams. A lot of the players will be playing at our local university next season. We didn't recognize any names.

We got to the game at the end of the first game of a double header. There was quite a crowd - lots of families. There were seats, but also a grassy hill (note to self - next time bring a blanket) that was perfect for rolling down. The teams played well and work hard. Between games - while the local gymnastics school performed - the players groomed the field. The food was expensive, but Grom got a hot dog. It got cold when the sun went down. We didn't get to see much of the game - it started late and we were ill prepared for the cold.

We'll be back. I might even ask for season tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment