Sunday, May 13, 2007

What's for Dinner - Week of May 14th

Life should be returning to something that looks more normal - at least normal for around here.

Here's what we'll be eating this week.

Monday - Chicken Skewers, Pasta Salad, Spinach Salad

Tuesday - Freezer Clean Out Smörgåsbord

Wednesday - Irish Music - Eat out! YAY!

Thursday - Grilled Salmon, Rice, Veggies

Friday - Steak and a Movie Night - Steak, Baked Potato, Salad

Saturday - Children's Ministry Appreciation BBQ
bring 2 pans Robin's Top Secret World's Best Brownies
Macaroni Salad

Sunday - Dinner with my folks

Here's a question for all you Monday Menu Planners. What do you do when you read others menus and see a recipe you'd like to try? I was bookmarking them, but I that's not working. I hate to print a bunch of recipes. I'm looking for ideas. I remember a yummy sounding salmon recipe a few weeks back, but can't remember where I saw it. Oh, and if you have a good salmon recipe - please share it.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK! Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I use cut and paste to copy recipes into a Microsoft Word word processing document. Keep one going all the time. From time to time I print the whole thing out and use real cut & paste (well, tape) to make whole recipes out of any that continued onto another page.

    When I'm feeling particularly thrifty I try the recipes from the computer screen - the computer is in the kitchen - and delete those that don't work out, only printing the keepers. Or I might copy by hand onto an index card.

    Here's my best salmon recipe:

    4 tbsp butter
    4 tbsp minced chervil, parsley or dill
    1 salmon fillet, 1 1/2 - 2 lbs.
    salt & pepper to taste
    lemon wedges

    Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place butter and half the herbs into roasting pan just big enough to hold. Heat about 5 minutes until the butter begins to sizzle.

    Add salmon to pan, skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Remove from oven and peel the skin off. It should come off easily; if not, return to oven for another 2 minutes and try again. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, turn, and sprinkle again.

    Roast 3-5 minutes more, depending on thickness of fillet. Cut into serving pieces, spoon on some of the butter, and garnish with additional herbs and lemon wedges.

    I've only made this using half butter/half olive oil and the dill. My dh LOVED it.

    JanS

    ReplyDelete