Here's my wrap up and entry into the contest. I apologize for the photographs. The room is small and it's hard to get great pictures. The best light is probably first thing in the morning and I was at work.
looking in from the door
wrapping cart, sewing cart and lots of mess
knick knack shelf
shelf above work desk
bookshelf in work area
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?
- There was so much stuff. I was very discouraged and felt like I didn't have enough time to get it done. Our weekends are pretty full. We had to be diligent to find the time to clear the room, paint and then move some of the stuff back in.
- Everything has a place.
- If it doensn't have a place, does it belong here? Where should it go?
- I make sure things are put away when I leave my space. No more empty coffee cups left behind.
- The toys were relocated to Grom's bedroom and toy shelves.
- 3 big boxes went to a thrift store.
- I returned things to people.
- I gave my mom back a lot of things that she gave me that I never really wanted.
- I had to make some hard decisions. I'm a quilter with many UFOs (unfinished objects). I gave five projects up, knowing that I don't want to finish them.
- The time limit of the challenge was very motivating. I developed a "just do it" attitude in order to meet the deadline.
- Sweeping the room clean of everything was also very helpful. I was very thoughtful of what was coming back into the room.
- It already has. My room makes me happy. I look forward to the time I'm able to spend in it. My sewing machine was out. I can't remember the last time it was. My projects are organized, I know what I have and look forward to completing some projects.
scrapping area, bookshelf and knick knack shelf
wall above work desk - this just makes me happy - exactly what I wanted!
closet - doors removed - curtains added
closeup of gift drawers
closet curtains closed - "mail" and "at hand" by entrance door
relocated ironing board - new painted orange door
my custom upholstered brick door stop
baskets on shelves about work desk
shelves above work desk - closeup
shelves above desk - closer up - I love the key tag labels
scrapbooking stuff on shelf above scrapping table
wrapping cart - bag on top is package to be wrapped
We painted the walls "toasty tan" and the door "october orange". I had the funky retro fabric in my stash. It was purchased to be curtains for a VW Westy Camper at one time, but I think it was supposed to go in my room. I love the tan, orange, green and turquoise together. SO me.
While I hope I win a prize, I know I already have the best prize I could receive. I have a functional, clean, organized and very happy space. It's a great place to spend the little bits of free time I blessed with. I feel more creative already.