Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The answer is always

JESUS!

I've been teaching Sunday School to preschoolers for years. Us adults joke that the answer to every question we ask them is "Jesus". It's not always true, but usually the kids can't go wrong if they yell out "Jesus".

Today I was thinking about all the things that I want to do that I don't do, and all the things that I don't want to do that I do. It was a real Paul moment (see Romans 7).

I have trouble following through with my household chores - I have a laundry pile, AGAIN. The bathrooms need cleaning, AGAIN. You name it and it's stacking up, AGAIN. I'm not exercising regularly. I watch too much TV, spend too much time on the computer, eat too much fast food. There are other things, but they are just too embarassing to share.

I've been trying to figure out what I need to do to get myself back in gear. Lists have always been my friend, maybe I need to start making my lists again. Sometimes I request motivation from friends and family. Do I need to find a housekeeper?

Then it hit me, I realized that I have been shortchanging my time with God. I have time in the Word everyday. I pray quite often. I worship when I can. BUT, I don't have a focused time with the Lord first thing in the morning. My time with Jesus is scattered, here and there through the day. I make excuses. "The baby keeps me from focusing"; "I can't get up that early"; "insert anything here"

When I look at God's Word, it is clear. I have to get up and have my time with Him first. (Psalm 5:3) I know that my God is faithful and He will meet me there.

Quiet Time is the place to start because the answer is always Jesus.

Guess I better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment