Sunday, November 06, 2005

Down for the count

Both of the boys are sick. I think it's a cold, but it might be the flu. I've never been clear on the difference. Growing up I always thought you couldn't have the flu unless you were puking. Now I'm not so sure.

Any hoo... Surferman has been suffering since last Monday. He's been near death a few times. He's a big guy and he falls hard. He went to the doctor on Friday and got a Z-pack (just in case). Just in case came this morning. He just isn't getting better. He missed 2 days of work last week and I don't see him making it to work tomorrow.

Lord, Help me to be patient and sympathetic. I know he really isn't feeling well. Help me to support and love him - in sickness and in health and all that.

Grom has had a runny nose and a few other symptoms since last Tuesday. Fortunately Grom seems to take more after my family. I deny I'm sick and will probably continue to deny that I'm sick until they close the lid on the coffin. He's been toddling around the house with snot flying out of his nose. A scene only his mom could find joy in. I really don't want to take him to the doctor, but if he's not better by... I might have to. He's sleeping now, the vaporizers moisturizing his room.

Lord, I thank you for this little boy. He blesses me so with his joyful spirit. Heal him. Give his mommy wisdom and patience. Keep him from harm.

Me? I'm not sick (remember I deny). My nose is a bit stuffy and my throat is a bit scratchy. But I will be fine. I'm not concerned with this cold or whatever it is. My mood however, it really stinks and it's getting old. I'm low, blue, moody, just don't use the "d" word. I refuse to be depressed. I am going to ride out this period of illness in our home and see what happens.

Father God, You are my hope. I know You have good things for me. Please take this feeling. I can't trust my feelings but I know I can trust you. Help me to pull myself together. Give me great times in Your Word. Help me to listen. Restore my joy.

Maybe I need a pedicure?

No comments:

Post a Comment