I realized that so far I had neglected my pursuit of an awesome marriage in my blogging. I surfed around and found this article from Redbook. It's secular and I'm reading it as I'm blogging. The author brags about having a ridiculously happy marriage. I hope God is part of it, I can't really tell from the introduction.
Here's the ideas and how I could pull some of these ideas into my own marriage.
Daily Habit #1: Talk to Each Other
- Start a habit of "decompressing". When Surferman gets home, we can take a few minutes before dinner to enjoy something to drink and talk about our days.
- Re-establish our weekly "Family Meeting".
- Send notes with lunch.
- Brag about Surferman whenever I can to whoever I can.
- 60 second kisses.
- Surferman loves B grade (even D grade - the cheesier the better) Sci Fi. Netflix has a great selection of these movies. Film Festival?
- Seek out and share silly clean jokes.
- Speak in fun movie quotes. I used to send Surferman off to work with, "Have fun storming the castle" Why did I stop?
- Me: Bible Study, Scrapbooking, Quilting
- Surferman: Surfing, Guitar, Cars
- We regularly attend church and a home group together.
- Daily Bible Reading