Monday, November 07, 2005

Daily Bible New Testament ~ November 7

Hebrews 3:1-19 NKJV

1So, my dear Christian friends, companions in following this call to the heights, take a good hard look at Jesus. He's the centerpiece of everything we believe, 2faithful in everything God gave him to do. Moses was also faithful, 3but Jesus gets far more honor. A builder is more valuable than a building any day. 4Every house has a builder, but the Builder behind them all is God. 5Moses did a good job in God's house, but it was all servant work, getting things ready for what was to come. 6Christ as Son is in charge of the house. Now, if we can only keep a firm grip on this bold confidence, we're the house! Hebrews 3:1-6 (The Message)

I have been having a hard time with Hebrews this go round. I usually read NKJV. I'm just not getting it. I checked out the Message version and was blessed by the differences. Jesus Christ as the builder of God's house and then to realize that I am God's house.

I'm warned of about a having a hard heart; a deaf ear. I don't want to wander 40 years. I want to experience God today; now; always.

Let Him enjoy this house that He's built. May it please Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment