Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's a start.

I met the Lord this morning. It was a quick appointment. I didn't get to bed as early as I could have and rising this morning was hard. But He was there waiting for me.

Sleepily I wandered from my bedroom to my studio. Along the way I grabbed a cup of coffee (decaf, but that's another post) and thought about where in the Word I would start.

Since it's all about Jesus, a Gospel made sense. I naturally gravitate to Luke and we'll be starting Matthew at church soon. Mark was the place for me to start.

And then I received confirmation - "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed." Mark 1:35

What an example and encouragement I have in Jesus.

It was a sweet time. I know it will get sweeter. I need to be more organized - have the things I need gathered; have the coffee ready; set the scene. Grom greeted me in the middle and wanted to play a bit. I'm chilly because I didn't think to grab slippers or a blankie. I have to put things in high gear to get back on schedule.

Yet... I've been with the King.

Special thanks to Surferman for elbowing me everytime (and I won't say how many times it was) the snooze alarm went off and finally saying, "You want to get up and spend time with God". And also to Laine from Laine's Letters who has exhorted me to set aside quiet time. Her emails are sporadic. I always look forward to getting one. A couple showed up last evening - they were that push that I needed.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job!!!

    I NEED to join you in at least having a quiet time.

    A daily study that I enjoy is: http://www.rbc.org/ourjourney/today.php (Our Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link.

    I'm always looking for good Christian sites.

    ReplyDelete