Thursday, December 29, 2005

Slow Cooker (Vegetarian) Chili

I found a great recipe at Allrecipes.com. The version posted below includes the changes I've made to suit my family.

Slow Cooker (Vegetarian) Chili

1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 can vegetarian baked beans
1 can (14.5 oz) chopped tomatoes in juice
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 cup dried onions or 1 chopped onion
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T chili powder
1 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried basil

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook all day on low or at least 2 hours on high.

Serve garnished with sour cream, chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.


I sometimes add leftover meat. Grom loves this.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you saw the post... But you would probably enjoy my lentil tacos.

    3/4 C lentils
    1/2 C brown rice
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    3 cups water - a bit scant on the third Cup

    Mix in covered casserole dish. Cover. Bake at 300degrees for about 100 minutes. Eat the same way you would regular tacos - in shells, in tortillas, in a bowl with toppings and chips... I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete