2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I like to celebrate Grom's birthday. It's fun to make him happy.
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
the beach - no doubt about it
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
2011 Honda Odyssey Touring - custom painted orange
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
My favorite all-weather beverage is coffee (decaf). If it's hot outside, I drink it cold. If it's cold outside I drink it hot.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
probably email, phone, text, face-to-face... in that order
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
mailbox on the street in front of our house
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)
Phlegmatic/Choleric with a touch of Sanguine. Not very melancholic.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
all the clubbing, drinking and drugs - KIDDING! I didn't do any of those things. I don't think I miss 20 except maybe the lack of 20 years on my body.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?
one hour - I can do it faster, but a nice manageable morning takes an hour
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?
Surferman takes care of the cars. I take care of the bills.
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
27, I think. I'm counting the ones I for sure remember.
Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:
The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.
A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.
A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
See what random things everyone come up with at Linda's Random Dozen