Saturday, October 16, 2010

Random Dozen - 10/13/10

I'm just getting to the random dozen for the week. Saturday is better than never... I guess.


1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.) I'm sure there is something. I'm having trouble thinking of an example right now. I sometimes have trouble with mispronouncing names. There are a couple of very nice ladies at church whose names I butchered for quite some time before I figured it out.

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.") Texting shortcuts are fine for texting and IMing. Not for homework or essays.

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post. I don't have a digital copy of my senior portrait. I wore a blue (dark purply blue) sweater and my hair was a little over styled. It was the mid 80s so of course I had bangs.

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory. One day during Algebra II, Mr. Johnson was having the girl in front of me work through a problem. She wasn't doing very well. Mr. Johnson kinda shook his head and said that she had better plan on marrying rich. My classmate said, "Rich who?" We all lost it. She couldn't figure out why everyone was laughing.

6. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Living on the Pacific, I like sunsets. There is nothing like the pictures God paints for us at night. Sunrises are beautiful too, but you have to wake up to catch them. If I could see them from bed...

7. What is something you have not done that you desire to do? Have you seen my list? There are a lot of things on there that I've never done that I want to do.

8. If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be? You couldn't make me come back. I look forward to being with Jesus. If I were an animal... I'd be... a robin.... ha!

9. Where were you 10 years ago? Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location. Ten years ago my parents and I were closing our business - they retired and it was too hard to keep it going myself. I kept busy by volunteering at church and spending time and taking care of my elderly friend Nickey.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat? For a little while. I like being right.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?" I often enjoy a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. decaf - extra hot - 1 pump of vanilla in case you want to bring me one.

12. If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why? So many choices... maybe the Bennett family from Pride and Prejudice (I could be one of the sisters) or the Ingalls family from Little Hose or ?

Maybe I'll be random on Wednesday next week.

1 comment:

  1. Better late for sure! Loved reading your answers to the questions. It's always fun seeing how each person answers them. I love the Rich who!

    ReplyDelete