Monday, October 25, 2010

Daybook October 25, 2010


FOR TODAY - Monday October 25, 2010

Outside my window... it's a beautiful sunny day. NOT! Of course it's dark and of course it's late. I never get to blog before 9:30 pm. If you see a post time stamped earlier, it's because I set some to go during the day just to make ya'll wonder if I'm blogging when I should be working or mothering or sleeping.

I am thinking...that I hope Gogo remembers that we need to leave a bit earlier tomorrow than most days. I'm also thinking about what's for breakfast.

I am thankful for... internet shopping. Everything I want is a click away. I've started my Christmas shopping. Think it, google it, buy it. Awesome.

From the learning rooms... October is Fire Safety. I tagged along with Grom's class to the Fire Station. It was very interesting. Only the kids were allowed to ask questions. I have many that are unanswered. Like do they leave their fire suits in the gym locker room when they are there working out... or do they have to run back to the station quick to get them if they get called during gym time?

From the kitchen... Surferman made yummy cheeseburgers tonight. He put the condiments on it for me (he likes mustard way more than I do) and I had to eat it in the car on the way to a meeting. It's yumminess was wasted on me.

I am wearing... black pants, shoes and sock topped with my sparkly red sequined top. I love the reflections it sends off when the sun shines on it.

I am creating... I dug a quilt out that is almost done. It could stand to be a couple of rows longer. I'm not sure if I have enough fabric, but I'm going to give it a go. It will look great on our bed.

I am going... to invest in a banana plantation. It seems that everyone in my house is on a banana kick and that said banana kick is intensified by everyone being on a banana kick. We all seem to be eating bananas as fast as we can for fear there won't be a banana in the fruit bowl when we want one. Right now there are 19 bananas and I expect them to be gone by Friday.

I am reading... HA! I started and finished a book this week. It was fluff - "How Dolly Parton Saved My Life" by Charlotte Connors. It appeared to be the start of a series, but it turns out it's the only book. It was published in 2008 so I'm not holding my breath for a sequel. It was a fun read, but the story just got started. I'm in the middle of "Home to Harmony" by Phillip Gulley. It's really the first book in a series and so far... so good. I still have a couple of others on my bedside to finish.

I am hoping... Gogo makes the high school soccer team. We think tryouts are tomorrow. It's all kinda confusing. I think he gets half the story because he doesn't catch all the details the rest of us get by osmosis. We'll know more tomorrow.

I am hearing... techno music coming from Surferman's computer. (??? very confusing).

Around the house... decorating of our entry hall has ground to a dead stop. I still can't find my corner entry bench, which is holding up purchase of a rug, which is holding up purchase of some wall words. Boring, plain gray walls... If you see a corner bench with baskets to hold shoes looking lonely, send it my way I'd give it a place to live rent free.

One of my favorite things... spending time with Stacey. WOO HOO! Marvelous Mondays or Fabulous Friend Mondays (alliteration is lost on Grom) are back!

Vocabulary word of the week:
cadge - (verb): to beg, to sponge, mooch
Anytime you're nearby, come by my house to cadge a cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week: all the normal stuff of life and add a possible trip to a pumpkin patch, a school carnival and crazy hair day. I need to find some blue hairspray.

Here is picture I am sharing...
How you can be praying for me and mine... that we would all be quick to pray. And that Surferman and I would be more positive in our parenting of Grom.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. My Mom just got me this bench as a Christmas present: http://www.improvementscatalog.com/tellafriendView.do?method=view&tafId=257163
    I love that it has the individual cubbies for shoes. It arrives in a few days. There are bigger benches on the web if you have more space.
    There is a 20% coupon online too.

    ReplyDelete