Monday, October 04, 2010

Daybook October 4, 2010

FOR TODAY - Monday October 4, 2010

Outside my window... dark. I never have time when it's light outside to blog. This question starts to feel redundant.

I am thinking... that I'm sad to hear that Lone Star was canceled after just 2 REALLY good episodes. Bummer.

I am thankful for... the timer on my oven. I can put dinner in the oven... set the timer... go off and have fun and then come home to dinner all ready. If you have a timer on your oven, do you use it?

From the learning rooms... we are hunting animals with a camera. Grom's learning classification of animals. I have a zoo trip and farm trip planned. I'm pretty excited. Moo!

From the kitchen... yummy, yummy Meatball Goodness (at least that's what my sister called it). I created a new recipe. I'm going to make it one more time and then I'll share it here.

I am wearing... my "cold weather" uniform... black pants, black socks, red tee, loafers

I am creating... nothing. I've got to get into my studio and get it organized and decluttered. I've got a bunch of stuff I want to do... starting with a curtain for our bedroom.

I am going... to work on getting more sleep. I can't keep going to bed so late and getting up so early.

I am reading... Crazy Love by Francis Chan

I am hoping... I can keep up with my gym routine. I've been going MWF for the past week and a half. One day at a time... right? I've been 7 times in a row. Which is 7 more times than ever before.

I am hearing... I'm watching Chuck while I blog.

Around the house... I'm looking for a corner bench for in our entry hall. It's has been frustrating. I can find exactly what I want online, but no one is actually selling them. I am not giving up.

One of my favorite things... I need to create a running list of my favorite things. I forget what I've written about before. I'll have to go back and look since I always seem to default to food. I've had some great peaches lately.

Vocabulary word of the week:
amok - (adv.): in a murderously frenzied state, in a violently raging manner; in an undisciplined, uncontrolled, or faulty manner
synonyms: berserk
used in a sentence: Grom should not be allowed to run amok, except maybe outside.

A few plans for the rest of the week: It's a busy week. I need to help SK find pants to wear to the Homecoming Dance. Soccer, soccer, soccer, soccer and some more soccer - but I refuse to be a soccer mom. More trips to the gym, Kids Club, a Servant Dinner, visit the Zoo, visit a Farm, my parents anniversary, and a half a dozen other things that aren't coming to mind right now.

Here is picture I am sharing...Recognize this water bottle? Somebody left it at my house. I can tell it's a well loved wb that wants to go home.

How you can be praying for me and mine... Surferman is working on a couple of new ideas. Communication is often an issue for us. Pray that we would find time to sync and connect. Grom has a problem we're working on - patience and dilligence. SK is starting practice for Varsity Soccer. It would be great if he made the team.


Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I forgot to call you and let you know we forgot our water bottle. Can we get it from you at church in two weeks (we are out of town this weekend)

    ReplyDelete