Monday, April 05, 2010

Random Dozen - 4/7/10

Every week Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee dishes up a heaping serving of randomness. Here are the questions for this week...

1. Define a great relationship.
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken". Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV

Like mindedness, laughter and mutual respect. Love.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)
I was running late getting to church the other morning. I can't believe I'm going to admit this... I stopped by Burger King for a cup of coffee. I didn't have time to stand in line at my usual Starbucks. And here's another confession... I was actually very good.

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)
I don't know. There are so many each with it's own positives and negatives.
I have romantic ideas of Labs and surf trips.
Beagles are cute and seem smart (but that's probably subliminal persuasion from movies).
My family has always had a fondness for Cocker Spaniels.
Surferman wants an English Mastif. (You really need to click over and see a picture. They really are that BIG.)

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
Hawaii. Maui specifically.

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
There would've been less focus on my weight. I've always wondered if my weight would be different if I hadn't started dieting in 3rd grade.

6. Who's the funniest person you know?
My kid cracks me up. Again and Again.

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
not really. I'm bad about going to bed when I should.

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?
Turning on the coffee pot.

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY
Grilled. Fried doesn't agree with me.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?
Not usually. I actually like it sometimes. It's peaceful. Showering in the dark is very relaxing for me.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a Neurosurgeon.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?
How about "random"?

You could answer these fun random questions. Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee posts them every week. Join us?

4 comments:

  1. Resist the dog! That's huge. :)

    I love the biblical quote. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yes, the dog is HUGE. You need a big house with no ornaments to fit around a dog like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I am with you on the weight thing. I got teased a lot growing up, did not have any self esteem. Then one day I realized what is on the outside is not near as important as what is on the inside.
    Wow that dog is huge...lol Enjoyed your answers.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  4. if your serious about a beagle please talk to your cousin, I am sure Lo would be happy for you to take Lenny off of their hands :)
    tee hee.

    ReplyDelete