Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Dozen - 4/21/10


1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
Once I left a bag full of library books outside overnight. Of course, it rained. Fortunately, I had great favor with the librarians. They "discarded" most of them and they others I had to buy, they let me pick up used online. I saved a bunch of money and I hope I learned a lesson. I haven't done it since, so maybe I did.

2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
It's probably one of the dumbest purchases I've ever made... I bought an Elfa wrapping paper cart. It was stinking expensive and it has just allowed us to keep a bunch of junky wrapping stuff. Now I'd get a roll of craft paper, a roll of white paper and a box of cool ribbons. I might buy a roll of kid paper when Grom is selling it for school.

3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
I was in a 6.5 quake in 2003. I was at church and we had a lot of shaking. Lots of mess, but no huge damage.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Copacabana, for sure.

5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
I was Kermit the Frog in 7th grade. I wore a kelly green sweatsuit with a lime green collar made of triangles, green face paint and ping pong ball eyeballs. I won the costume contest at school.

6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Probably dictionary - online. Can't tell you the last time I looked up a word in a book.

7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
I love breakfast so this is a really hard question. Simply I'd say, sourdough toast.

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
I hate to admit that I have. I bought Turbie Twists. I can also be a sucker for QVC. Everytime I find something I "have to have" I feel like an old loser lady.

9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
I'm sure I have, but I can't think of any funny stories that would be attached to such activity.

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe that God sets aside a man and a woman for marriage. Sometimes it happens quickly, sometimes it takes awhile.

11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
I'm not sure. I think I have 5 pairs that fit right now.

12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
It would have a tropical Hawaiian theme with flowers and surfers and lots of orange.

How is that for random? Thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for creating these fun lists of questions each week.

2 comments:

  1. I love watching QVC but have only bought one thing, my computer. My DH thinks it's funny when he catches me watching it.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am late in visiting. I use to be a big sucker for infomericals. I was a bigger sucker for QVC, I love their stuff I just got out of control. Great answers. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete